The requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 which includes the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are met by this organisation in the following ways. All data collected is:
- processed lawfully, fairly and transparently
- only collected and used for particular lawful purposes adequate, relevant and not used excessively for that purpose
- accurate and up to date
- stored no longer than necessary
- kept secure, and its integrity and confidentiality are protected
Specifically, we collect data which is necessary for the purposes of
- collecting and accounting for contributions
- processing GiftAid claims
- running events such as GP training and public awareness or social events
- running communication lists when you request to be added
Cookies are used on the website for ensuring the smooth functioning of the site and for Google Analytics to help analyse the effectiveness of our web pages.
We do not share your information with any third party.
You have a right to request to see the data we store about you and to correct any inaccurate information.
You have right to complain to us if you have any issues about how your data is handled.
If necessary, you can take the concern to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).